Benel Kallen, Münsingen
Nobody knows who invented it, yet it is in danger of being forgotten – the secret language of stamps. From 1900 until the 1960s this romantic notion was very popular among lovers.
Is the stamp on the envelope tilted to the right? Or is it even upside-down? In days gone by, lovers could send each other secret messages this way.
The "Love" special stamps take up this romantic tradition and allow the senders of love notes to lend their messages greater weight. The special stamp with its deep red heart embossed with silver foil and a subtle rose symbolizes love in all its facets.
And here’s what the main secret messages mean:
- Stamp straight: Thinking of you all the time.
- Stamp tilted to the left: The usual meeting place.
- Stamp tilted to the right: Passionate kisses!
- Stamp upside-down: I love you.
- Stamp on its side, tilted down to the left: Forever yours!
- Stamp on its side, tilted down to the right: I dreamt about you.
The special heart-shaped sheet with six stamps is an ideal gift for your beloved that is sure to make their heart beat faster.